Management of all the records in the pediatric department itself is all-encompassing. A suite of tools are now available to simplify the administrative work of pediatric practice but not all of them guarantee foolproof results. While you decide on getting a pediatric Electronic Health Record (EHR) or electronic medical billing services for your healthcare unit, make sure it is well equipped with all these features for a hassle-free billing experience.
- Easy-to-understand dashboard: Data collection of patient records and other relevant information is visible on the single dashboard real time.
- Schedule management: The system should be able to streamline the schedule management of all the appointments. The practitioners should be able to save and view the appointments easily and schedule their plan of action accordingly. If needs be, the appointment timings can be changed or edited per the availability.
- Easy accessibility: All of the patient history including the address, relations, insurance claims, vaccination, and other relevant information should be easily accessible to the practitioners whenever they need.
- Vaccine management: Whether the requirement is for commercial or VFC vaccines, the vaccination details of one or multiple offices can be easily viewed and managed.
- Standard templates: Make sure the EHR system has excellent templates for all the visits. It should also allow integration with Bright Futures and other pediatric toolkits to standardize the work processes. The patients should be able to enter the input forms in the patient portal to ease the administrative burden of the medical staff.
- Automated Growth charts: All of the clinical calculations can be maintained and the system should be completely automated to prevent human error and extra manual work.
- E-Rx system: The cloud system should also allow to setup prescriptions of the patients and check medications for precautions and contraindications.
- Lab Integration: The system should also allow easy integration with labs for Quest or LabCorp. It should be able to receive the orders that can be linked to the patient’s chart to ease administrative effort.
- Patient portal: The system should promote more engagement with the parents of the patients so that they can easily access their scheduled appointments. They should also be able to place pre-visit input forms, view invoice details, and other relevant information.
- Personalized App: To make the billing management much easier for both the pediatric unit and the patients, a custom app can be developed and linked to the website to manage the operations on the go.
How to get a simple-to-use pediatric EHR
With PediatricXpress, you can not only improve customer service but also boost revenue. Click here to get a free demo of the Pediatric E.H.R & Elite Pediatric Practice Medical Billing Services.